1) Apply for your student visa.
2) Book your airline ticket.
3) Always Remember you need to arrive at your College/University on time for orientation
Class and enrolment.
4) Prepare to leave your home country
- Decide what to Carry.
- Plan your finances.
- Know what to expect when you arrive.
- Know the health checks you may need to take to enter Australia (Insurance, Medical).
5) PREPARING TO LEAVE YOUR HOME COUNTRY
You must bring the following documents with you to your institute/University when you
arrive for orientation and enrolment:
- Passport—check your expiry date as renewing your passport in Australia can take
- Letter of Offer—the Letter of Offer is very important, as you will need to present it at
the time of enrolment; please do not lose this document
- Original or certified copies of your qualifications
- Driver’s license (if you have one)
- Medical history or prescriptions required for ongoing medication.
6) ARRIVING IN AUSTRALIA
- Airport travel options
- Airport shuttle buses
- Taxis (A taxi from the airport to the city will cost approximately $40.)
7) KEEP IN CONTACT
- Mobile phones and the internet
- Finding a job
8) ARRIVING ON CAMPUS
- Orientation week
- Census dates
9) APPROXIMATE LIVING EXPENSES
- Rent around $200-550 weekly rate (share accommodation is cheaper)
- Haircut male and female Cost Around $20-100(Women in Australia pay more for a haircut!)
- According Cinema Hall (Movie ticket will Differ from $13-15) (student discount might apply)
- Restaurant/café meal A$8-25M
- Medical $70 per consultation
- Public transport A$30 weekly (special discount for students may apply)
- Gas and electricity A$20 if you share accommodation weekly
- Taxi 5 minutes ride could cost A$5-10